Back in Scotland


Back in Scotland!



Well, we're back.  We decided to leave France at the very last minute, since I got a fantastic PhD opportunity back in Edinburgh, and we leapt at the chance to leave behind all that sunshine and delicious food!  Seriously though, we're settling back into life here pretty well, and are almost unpacked.  My new PhD topic is focussing on reducing the environmental impacts of arable farming in Scotland, while maintaining yields, which is just about the most interesting thing in the whole world.  Apart from chocolate, perhaps.




--- edited after January 1st ---

Happy New Year! 



Some changes have been brewing around here, and in 2014 you'll find a notable trend towards more vegan posts, hopefully more of a balance between recipes and science, and if I'm very industrious, some links to my outside projects.

Lucy is planning to finish making the change to a fully vegan diet this year, though recent developments in the availability of more ethically produced animal products may alter that (more details soon).  No matter what our dairy and egg consumption has fallen and will continue to fall dramatically this year.  So, we've really been stepping up our efforts to find delicious whole-food substitutes for dairy and eggs, and I have a whole host of recipes saved up to share with you!

I also, alas, have a whole host of new commitments in my life (many of which I'll post about separately), which means that I'll be mostly sticking to the low-key one post per week thing.

Happy New Year!



Comments