Christmas Meal 2015 - Vegan Festive Recipe Round-up
Since Christmas is nearly upon us yet again, I wanted to quickly round up our festive meal from last year, so the recipes are easily accessible to those planning their feasts! Happy Holidays everyone!
- Vegan and Gluten Free Peanut Butter Balls
- Vegan rugelach - cinnamon and nut
- Vegan mince pies with almond pastry
- Mulled wine by Jamie Oliver (I reduced the number of bay leaves to one, and used oranges instead of clementines for a stronger flavour)
- Vegan stuffing by Minimalist Baker
- Vegan Bûche de Noël - Chocolate, Chestnut, and Grand Marnier
- Seitan en croute - seitan, gravy, and stuffing baked inside a puff pastry shell. I won't link to the seitan recipe I used, as that came out pretty rubbery, but if you have access to a good seitan recipe, please leave it in the comments! I am developing a seitan recipe which will hopefully be done early next year.
- Red wine gravy by Rose Elliot
- Cranberry sauce - just fresh cranberries boiled with a couple of tablespoons of sugar (to taste) until they soften up. Yum!
- Steamed carrots
- Roasted potatoes
- Maple glazed brussel sprouts by My Whole Food Life
- Vegan cheese - Tyne chease (Za'atar) and Nutcrafter (chive chèvre)
- Shallot jam by David Lebovitz (I used figs and dates instead of raisins/currants, swapped the honey for brown rice syrup, and used brandy in place of beer, then served on my vegan cheeseplate!)
Have a very Happy Holidays and see you in the New Year!